Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday, April 28

After two days at TLA at the Geo Brown
Convention Center, I'm home and realizing
just how much I learned the days I worked
in the Sylvan Dell Booth.

What a supportive publisher...ready to answer
any questions, help with ideas, and encourage
me with info on school visits and presentations.

This weekend will be a bit of relaxing for me.
You just can't imagine the work involved in
a booth at an event. Days of promotion and
book sales are great, but long and tiring.
I tip my hat to all reps and publishers who
constantly travel to trade shows etc.

Next week I'll be working on my own author
visit plans and creating flyers and book order
forms.

I hope all children's writers have the chance
to enjoy this process as much as I have. It's
amazing how much there is to learn after getting
a picture book accepted for publication.

TGIF

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Looked for your old blog and couldn't find it...glad you included the address in the signature on your e-mail. Sounds like you're having tons of fun and that the book stuff is going very well. I can't wait to see it in print. I will buy a copy and send it to you for a personal autograph.

I'm so happy for you!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home