Thursday, June 15, 2006

Signings and more

This week I've learned about signings, readings
and presentations. I didn't realize they all had
separate meanings for an author visit.

Once upon a time I thought an author did all three
actions for any appearance, but not so, Bubba!

Signings are autograph sessions. Readings are
an out loud reading of the book by its author.
Presentations are speaking engagements for the
author. The author may speak on the published book,
a particular subject dealing with writing, read
the book and even have an activity.

My favorite is a reading and a signing. What could
be better than sharing a book you loved to write with
eager listeners in a crowd?

Time for me to get ready for this week's critique
group where I hear other writers talk about the books
they are writing and love.

Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home