Monday, July 10, 2006

Five Days Until Blast Off!

The clock is ticking and I am counting!

Saturday is the Book Launch for my first
published picture book. I have plenty others
written, but this is the first one to be published.
And is there every anything like the first time?
I doubt it.

Today people told me,"I'll see you on Saturday."
I grin and say, "Thanks so much." But inside
the butterflies flap and flutter.

I consider this a once-in-a-life time event.
Something I've dreamed of and am now accomplishing.
It's humbling, overwhelming, exciting, and nerve
wracking all at the same time.

Staying busy helps me avoid too much attention
to the upcoming magic on Saturday.

Wednesday, I will take my mother to see the nice
display of my books the local Barnes and Noble
has made to advertise me and the Book Launch.

Incredible.

Doris

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I am so proud of my Mom!! She is the best!! Saturday will be so much fun!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home