Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sounds like homework!

Just received an offer of work for hire for
Gareth Stevens.

I will be writing a 32 page nonfiction book for
fifth graders with a 2-3 grade vocabulary.

I have a celebrity's name to write about for the
series, Entertainment Superstars.

All of this is quite remarkable since the contact came
from attending the ALA meeting in San Antonio in January.
Equipped with business cards and writing samples, I was
ready if the opportunity presented itself and it did!

After a reminder phone, which I was told to make in April,
the whole idea had rather slipped my mind. But now I find
I'm in the learning process for a different genre and hopefully
one I can conquer for future work for hire assignments.

You lose if you don't schmooze!

Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home