Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Book signing success

Yesterday I held a book signing at the assisted
living residence where my mother lives. It was
a wonderful event for all the folks living there.

Many bought my book for grandchildren and great
grandchildren. Happy Birthday to Whooo? really spans
the ages of readership. Adults also learn a few animal
details unknown to them, so it's very educational as well.

Perhaps I'll contact a few activity directors at other
community assisted living homes and see what kind of
response I get. The best part of this activity is the
uniqueness of it. Very few "different" events come
along for "seniors" and a book signing is certainly not
an everyday occurence for them.

I've had three deadlines since May and am now breathing
a bit easier with submission plans for other books, promoting
ideas, and, oh yeah, perhaps a bit of writing to do for
new picture books.

Happy Wednesday to all.

Doris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home