Monday, September 04, 2006

School signings

With the start of school, signings seem to take on
more meaning for librarians and bookstores. At least that's
true for my educational picture books.

While this side of publishing is all new to me, I hope to
really enjoy the children and the fun of entertaining them.
So far I've had two thank-yous for books. One was written by
two... a brother and sister. They even drew a few pictures for
me. It is just darling and was so totally unexpected.

I have a book launch for One Odd Day in three weeks and the
first week of October is full of reading and signing fun.
There's something about all eyes on me that makes me aware
the kids are really listening and I need to tell them something
exciting, unique, humorous or just something stupid
enough to make them laugh.

On top of that, the Houston area weather seems to be cooler
the first of September than I can ever remember after living
here for 22 years. Hurray!

With my deadlines over, as I had mentioned earlier, now it's
time for more writing duties. My list includes mailing
book launch postcards, submitting other books that are needing
a publishing home, mailing books to a few relatives, contacting
another Barnes and Noble, making one more flyer for my fitness
club to advertise my book launch and make a new calendar
for our critique group meetings.

So, I have plenty to do and it all sounds mighty fine.
Oh yeah! I have three books in my brain that I hope to get
into the computer soon. I need BIC.

Ciao,
Doris

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Glad to hear the weather is improving in Houston. It's great here...a little cool at night...cool enough for a fire in the pit in the backyard. Lots of stars. You're keeping busy evidently...new books in your head, too. Very cool how you're quickly becoming what you've dreamed.

bless you,
M

7:27 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home